Check List

Bite: Complete
Lower teeth: Complete
Upper teeth: Complete
Braces off:
Lower fixed retainer:
Upper essix retainer I:
Shaping:
Upper essix retainer II:

Saturday 13 August 2011

12:30 pm 12th July 2011


Bottom Teeth: Straightened
Power chain
This appointment was during my summer holidays. I was excited about this appointment because this was the colour of braces I would wear when I was in London, and the south-east coast of England, where there would be lots of photos taken of me. Doctor Malinowska spent about twenty minutes in my mouth, which is much longer than the usual five minutes. I knew my teeth had moved well because I heard her say “Fantastic, fantastic,” to herself. The assistant asked what colour I would like, and I asked if they had clear ligatures. She said they didn’t use clear ligatures but they did have silver, which blended in easily. Despite this, I chose purple braces. My orthodontist put a “Power chain” on the bottom of my teeth to hold them in position, as they had finished moving and were straight. On my upper teeth she used another super elastic between my right (your left) first premolar and second premolar to close a gap. She used colligation (twisting a thin wire so it criss crosses around the brackets) between my two first premolars to hold the teeth in place. I was delighted to hear she was planning to take my braces off in Autumn! 
Bottom teeth are straight and have a purple power chain holding them in position

Coligation

Most of the gaps have now closed


You can see the upper teeth do not look natural

1 comment:

  1. I’m glad you surpassed the excruciating first two weeks. It took a solid two months before all went well with my braces. Ibuprofen meds had become my brand of candies because of the soreness hurts like hell. I lost amount of weight, having survived thru noodles and soup.

    Rae Screen

    ReplyDelete